Welcome to my Wordpress webpage
Welcome to my Wordpress webpage. This page is the home of the Wordpress Nintendo DS Edition. You can download it here (download for changelog);
It's released under the GNU/GPL so feel free to change it as you please. I do not provide any services or warrenty.
- Thanks to David Harper and the other members of the winksite.com team for brining us a great plugin for the Nintendo Wii (and releasing it GPL so I could modify it)! And my friends for introducing me to HTML, CSS, etc..
- Wordpress Nintendo DS edition is a plugin + theme for Wordpress websites based on the original Wordpress plugin by the Winksite.com team (David Harper) that shows an interface specifically designed for Opera DS. It will automatically detect if users are using a Nintendo DS to acces your Wordpress webpage and apply a proper theme to accomodate for a small screen.
If you install both the original Wii plugin and this DS plugin your wordpress blog will show up correctly on both the DS and the Nintendo Wii! The theme for the DS was made so it fits fully on the top screen. That way you can use the "direct input" mode (pressing R when in overview mode with the top screen zoomed) to scroll easily without having to search for your information. More information on the page above.
This release of the Nintendo DS wordpress plugin comes with two themes. You can see both by looking at the screenshot.jpg file in both the wp-DS and wp-DS2 dir. See how you can install them in the section below.
- Download the plugin; here
- Drop the wp-DS.php file in your wp-content/plugins directory or
drop the wp-DS2 directory in your wp-content/themes directory renamed wp-DS; depending on your taste
- Click the 'Activate' link for WordPress Nintendo DS Edition on your Plugins page (in the WordPress admin interface)
- This does not (as the original Wii Edition v1.2) support pages, or admin interfaces. Also remember that this is v1.0.2, there are still things not fully optimised. It will work and no image is larger then 3~4 kilobytes so it shouldn't be too heavy, but you never know.
- The first example is my own webpage; http://blog.scorpei.com/
- If you use my plugin (and skin) please let me know :). You can leave a message on my blog (with your website, etc.): http://blog.scorpei.com/
Thanks for your interest in my plugin, please also use the original Wii edition plugin that can be found here.
If you download and install that plugin too your blog will show up correctly on both the Nintendo Wii and the Nintendo DS!
Don't forget to read the readme :D!
If you do not have a DS
- If you don't have a Nintendo DS you can still check out if the plugin was installed correctly. Firstly download Firefox. Then install the user agent switcher. Restart Firefox after installing the addon then go to "extra-user agent switcher-options-option". Then to user agents in the left menu and press the add button. Now add a user agent (name/description doesn't matter, I choose OperaDS) and fill in the "user agent" line with this; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Nitro) Opera 8.50 [en]. Finish adding it and then select it in the "extra-user agent switcher-..." menu. Then go to your (or mine to test if the settings are correct) blog and see the magic ;).
- You use a user-agent string to see if a Nintendo DS connects, can't this be done in an easier or better way?
-Possibly it can be done better or easier, but in this case it performs perfectly. The Nintendo DS Opera browser is the only internet browser that contains the "Nitro" string as it's platform (to my knowlidge). I check to see if that string is provided, and only if so change the template.
I hope you have fun on my website and find what you need!
-Simon van de Berg